I like to keep my food simple and for this months local WFPB Potluck, I wanted to do something new. The Holidays are right around the corner and I was thinking about making something that could be an hors d’oeuvre or a main course. And these stuffed mushrooms were the result. They use our recipe for our super tasty oil free hummus, which you can find right here!
WFPB Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 package Baby Portobello Mushrooms I used the Family Pack from Wegmans
- 1 recipe WFPB Oil Free Hummus found at: https://www.plantbasedmelissa.com/recipes/wfpb-oil-free-hummus/
- 1/2 package Frozen Spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Remove stems from mushrooms and using a spoon scoop out the gills from the caps. Place in a bowl with the soy sauce and water to "marinade" lightly about 10-15 minutes. *This helps them not to dry out when baking.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix hummus with the remaining ingredients and stuff into the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle the tops with a little extra panko, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to join my FREE Facebook Group: Whole Food Plant Based Weight Loss Support