I absolutely LOVE Savory Oats. I make this double batch every week and it gives me 5-6 servings depending on how hungry I am, lol. But if you get tired of a sweet breakfast, these oats are a perfect “cheesy” blend that will satisfy you! Below is my YouTube video showing how I make it and the recipe!
WFPB Savory Oats
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1.5 cups steel cut oats
- 1 pound sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes I use fire roasted
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4.5 cups water
- Put water and steel cut oats in a pot and turn on high heat to bring to a boil.
- Add all other ingredients, except spinach, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer another minute or two.
I hope you enjoy!