Happy Cinco De Mayo! I love Mexican food, and this week I’ve been working on a few different recipes. Here is my latest one. A WFPB Mexican Rice made 2 Ways! I wanted to make sure this dish would be tasty using both Brown Rice as well as Cauliflower Rice. I, personally, still prefer using riced cauliflower as my rice in meals. I first made this switch when rice would spike my glucose levels. It no longer spikes me, but I just love the added benefits of being able to eat MORE of it for LESS Calories! So, when I decided to work on this recipe I knew I wanted to divide the veggies cooked in half and mix some in with the brown rice for my husband, the the rest in with cauliflower rice for myself! Feel free to use ALL brown rice or ALL cauliflower rice.
WFPB Mexican Rice - 2 Ways
- 2 Cups Brown Rice or Cauliflower Rice I love using frozen rice
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder You can reduce this to 1 Tsp if you don't want it too spicy
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Medium Onion, white or purple, chopped
- 1 Medium Bell Pepper I used a combination of some green, yellow and red peppers
- 1 Roma Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt optional
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Cook rice according to package instructions (to make this process faster, I use steamable bags of frozen brown rice and riced cauliflower)
- Chop tomato, peppers, onion and garlic and water saute in a pan until getting soft.
- Add corn and black beans
- If using a combination of Brown Rice and Cauliflower rice as I have, divide the veggie mixture in half and add brown rice to pan with half the veggies and mix in half the spices. Repeat the same with the cauliflower rice.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, let me know how you enjoyed it!