Overnight Oats are very simple to make and you can make a weeks worth at one time, for a quick grab and eat, or a grab, heat & eat! In other words, you can eat them cold or warm them up in the microwave. Below is how I make my overnight oats but you can certainly use other fruits, nuts or nut butters in them!
You will need:
- 1 Mason Jar (or 1 jar for how many servings you wish to make)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried oatmeal, either rolled oats, steel cut oats will work.
- Fruit of your choice: I typically add half a banana, 5-6 strawberries and a handful of blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon or Nuts or Nut Butter: I typically add walnuts or peanut butter
- (optional) 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds or Ground Flax Seeds
- Your Favorite Unsweetened Plant Milk, simply fill the jar to cover all the ingredients (I honestly don’t measure). I use unsweetened almond milk
I put oatmeal, fruit, nut/nut butter, and seeds (if using them) in the jar, fill with the plant milk, put on the lid and shake, then place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, I will either eat it cold, or heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes and eat directly out of the jar! I hope you enjoy!