I’ve made many “loaf” recipes over the last 3 years trying to come up with the perfect recipe that was hearty and not mushy, and I finally have it. My husband and I will be having this for Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner and I wanted to share the recipe here for you to try yourself. Also for Thanksgiving I will be making my Green Bean Stuffing Casserole. You can find that recipe right here: WFPB Green Bean Stuffing Casserole! Let me know what you think!
- 2 Cans Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Cloves Garlic, diced
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Carrots, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain Chickpeas and place into a blender and pulse to break/mash them up lightly. Put into a bowl.
- Add other ingredients to the bowl and mix together.
- Put mixture in a loaf pan, lined with parchment paper, and shape into a loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together, and remove the loaf from the oven and spread the glaze on top. (Optional)
- Bake another 20 minutes. Serve.