WFPB Easy Chickpea Mash
Yesterday my husband said he wanted something to make a sandwich with other than peanut butter and I set to work on making something I knew he would love. And I started my search on Pinterest where I found plenty of recipes but all were just not quite right. Either they used mayo or oil or something else that we don’t consider “compliant” with our WFPBNO lifestyle. I grabbed a note book, wrote down a few ingredients I wanted to add and went to work. He happily has been eating sandwiches for lunch the past few days saying he finally feels full and satisfied with lunch.
Today I share with you that recipe:
Whole Food, Plant Based Easy Chickpea Mash
- 1 can drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 – avocado (optional, many times I don’t bother adding this)
- 1 tablespoon Tahini (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon plant milk (i used original unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Place chickpeas into a bowl and start to mash with a fork. Add avocado, tahini, & chopped onion and celery and mix together. Add final ingredients and mix together and serve on bread or bun. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 4-6 servings.